Men's Foundation Jacket
A true fan-favorite featuring iconic Obermeyer design, REPREVE® recycled materials, and versatile cold-weather capability.
As one of our most popular styles, the Foundation Jacket is a versatile piece of skiwear made for days on the mountain. We’ve built this jacket with bold, sport-inspired Obermeyer design, as well as high-performance technology like HydroBlock® Pro fabric and Skier Critical™ seam sealing. To protect against the elements on your coldest days, we’ve added 100gm insulation to the body and 80gm insulation in the sleeves. Reinforced shoulders provide rugged, everyday durability. All of this combines with REPREVE® fibers, with each Foundation Jacket containing 11 plastic bottles worth of recycled material.
- HydroBlock® Pro 45% Repreve Polyester, 55% Polyester 2-Way Stretch
- 100gm Body
- 80gm Sleeve
- 40gm Hood
- 100% NYLON
- 100% POLYESTER
Features & Technology
- YKK® zipper(s): A name that is synonymous with quality and durability, which makes them perfect for your Obermeyer garment, easy to use with a gloved hand or in wind-driven icy conditions. Obermeyer has been a partner with YKK® for over 50 years.
- CZV™ - Control Zone Ventilation: Obermeyer’s CZV™- Control Zone Ventilation brings another level of breathability and comfort to your outdoor experience.
- Mesh gussets
- Skier Critical™ seam sealing: In pieces where weight and range of motion are key, we've mapped the seals to keep skier performance as the goal while allowing freedom of movement and lightweight function.
- Full-Motion™ articulation: With Full-Motion™ articulation, garments are designed and shaped around the form of an active outdoor enthusiast to enhance comfort and performance. Obermeyer’s fit specialists work closely with designers, pattern makers, and factories to ensure each piece is shaped on a multi-dimensional pattern because we consider fit an important technical aspect of everything we make
- 2-way adjustable hood: Allows for a precise, comfortable fit, so your hood works with you throughout the day.
- Removable hood: Situations change on a dime out there on the trail. Customize your style and comfort level in seconds to fit your needs.
- Helmet compatible hood: You don't have to sacrifice the shelter of a hood with the safety of a helmet. Wear a hood over your helmet for the best of both worlds.
- Adjustable cuffs: Personalized fit in seconds to keep your hands warm and dry.
- Thumbhole inner cuffs: Good weather protection begins by keeping out the cold and moisture, and securing openings between pieces of gear is critical in times of unpredictable weather conditions.
- Snap-Away™ water-resistant powderskirt: The powder skirt is a waterproof section of elasticized fabric at the bottom of a jacket above the hem and includes a gripper elastic bottom to create a snug barrier around your waist.
- Detachable goggle cloth: Our detachable lens cloth provides you with an easily accessible absorbent microfiber cleaning cloth to keep your lenses clear and free from unwanted damage.
- Reinforced shoulders
- Adjustable hem: On cold snowy days you can gather the hem fabric around your waist to keep out elements. Easy to use and reliable for continual adjustments.
- Zipper chest pocket(s): Chest pockets with best in class zippers with leather pulls for easy access with mitts on.
- Zipper pass pocket: Keep your pass secure and out of the way, and alleviate the fear of losing your ticket to ride.
- Interior electronics pocket(s): The electronics pocket is fully configured to accommodate a wide variety of mobile and music devices with a built-in wire port, cord routing port and a secure zippered pocket.
- Interior goggle pocket
- Cord routing guide
- Accessory ring: Keep your personal items dry and safe with our included accessory ring.
- Fleece chin warmer
- Interior windguard
- Fleece lined collar
- Available in special sizing